NAMI AOP offers its FREE 6 session course NAMI Basics, to families of children and adolescents (under 18) who are experiencing symptoms of a mental health condition.
- Managing crises, solving problems and communicating effectively
- Developing the confidence and stamina to support your child with compassion
- How to take care of yourself and handle stress
- Advocating for your child's rights at school and in health care settings
- Learning about current treatments, medications, and side effects
- Gaining an overview of the public mental health care, school, and juvenile justice systems
- Understanding the challenges and impact of mental health conditions on your entire family
- Pre-registration necessary. Call Phyllis Mays, 864-944-1121.