1) We will see the individual first, not the illness.
2) We recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses which may have environmental triggers.
3) We understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events.
4) We aim for better coping skills.
5) We find strength in sharing experiences.
6) We reject stigma and do not tolerate discrimination.
7) We won’t judge anyone’s pain as less that our own.
8) We forgive ourselves and reject guilt.
9) We embrace humor as healthy.
10) We accept we cannot solve all problems.
11) We expect a better future in a realistic way.
12) We will never give up hope.