Are you a parent or caregiver of a child or young adult diagnosed or experiencing symptoms of a mental health condition?
We would love to hear from you!
TRAIN TO BECOME A NAMI BASICS TEACHER!
JANUARY 15&16, 2018 – 9:00AM-5:00PM
1800 ST. JULIAN PLACE, 1ST FL.
COLUMBIA, SC 29204
The NAMI Basics course covers:
• Managing crises, solving problems and communicating effectively;
• How to take care of yourself and handle stress;
• Developing the confidence and stamina to support your child with compassion;
• Advocating for your child’s rights at school and in health care settings;
o Sample Record Keeping System
o Muestra del sistema de registro de información
• Learning about current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects;
• Gaining an overview of the public mental health care, school and juvenile justice systems and supporting resources to help you navigate these systems;
• Understanding the challenges and impact of mental health conditions on your entire family.
LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED
For more information contact Deniece Chi at